Joint Technical Symposium
The CCAAA organises the Joint Technical Symposium (JTS), an international gathering for all specialists of the audio-visual, cinema and sound heritage.
Organized for the first time in 1983, JTS is the international meeting for organisations and individuals involved in the preservation and restoration of original image and sound materials. Under the auspices of UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) and CCAAA (Coordinating Council of Audiovisual Archives Associations), participating organisations include:
- AMIA (Association of Moving Image Archivists)
- ARSC (Association for Recorded Sound Collections)
- FIAF (International Federation of Film Archives)
- FIAT/IFTA (Fédération International des Archives de Télévision / International Federation of Television Archives)
- FOCAL (Federation of Commercial Audiovisual Libraries International)
- IASA (International Association of Sound and Audiovisual Archives)
- ICA (International Council on Archives)
- IFLA (International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions)
- SEAPAVAA (SouthEast Asia & Pacific Audiovisual Archives Association)
The last JTS was organized on behalf of CCAAA by FIAF, The Norwegian Film Institute and The National Library of Norway and held in Oslo, Norway in May 2010: www.jts2010.org/
The next JTS will be hosted by SEAPAVAA from 7-9 March 2016 in Singapore. http://www.jts2016.org/
The theme of JTS 2016 “Sustainable Audiovisual Collections Through Collaboration” addresses this dynamic landscape. The papers presented at JTS 2016 will cover the ongoing technological viability of audiovisual collections both as individual items and holistically, as well as every aspect of audiovisual media preservation and access such as conservation and restoration, harvesting and accessing collection information - including metadata and intellectual property.