Guidelines for travel grants for IASA Members to attend the Annual Conference
- Travel grant applications will only be accepted from IASA Members (Individual, Institutional and Sustaining) in good standing, meaning dues up to and including the current year have to be paid before the application deadline.
- While the aim of IASA is to encourage Members to attend the annual conference by supporting their travel costs, such support must take account of the current financial health of the Association. If your application is successful, usually up to 50% of travel costs (cheapest air or train fare between the applicant's home and the conference venue) will be met. Applicants are thus encouraged to seek additional funding where possible.
- IASA will, in addition, approach the local conference organisers and request that the grantee's registration fee be waived. The decision in each case will be up to the conference organiser.
- Accommodation and subsistence costs will not be supported.
- Applications from Members presenting a paper will be prioritized.
- Applications must be sent in writing (by letter, fax or e-mail) to the Secretary-General in response to the announcement of travel and research grants which are published in the IASA e-Bulletin and on the IASA website. Applications must contain the 100% amount of the travel costs in US$ or Euros, confirmed by an official travel agency. The confirmation of travel agency costs must be submitted with the application form. Please use the Travel Grant Application Form (Members only).
- Applications by representatives of Institutional and Sustaining Members must be countersigned by the director or a senior officer of their organisation as evidence that their attendance has been authorised.
- The Secretary-General will check all applications received by the appointed deadline and will submit them to the Executive Board for discussion and approval.
- Applicants will be informed as soon as possible of the result after the Board's decision has been reached. The Board will aim to respond 6 months prior to travel.
- IASA will not pay grants in advance of travel.
- Copies of the travel documents will have to be presented by the grantee to the IASA Treasurer during the conference. Payment will be effected after the conference via bank transfer. Please ensure that the Treasurer receives the correct banking details for re-imbursement. If bank transfer is not possible, please indicate on the application form the method of payment preferred. Note: If 50% of the travel costs were granted, then maximum 50% of receipts presented (up to the granted amount) will be disbursed.
- IASA travel grants are determined for Members only; accompanying persons have to pay for themselves.