Guidelines on the Production and Preservation of Digital Audio Objects
printed edition | web edition
IASA Technical Committee, Guidelines on the Production and Preservation of Digital Audio Objects, ed. by Kevin Bradley. Second edition 2009. (= Standards, Recommended Practices and Strategies, IASA-TC 04). International Association of Sound and Audiovisual Archives.
Printed in Australia, 2009, 150 pp
Already an accepted authority in the sound archiving field, the second edition is a thoroughly revised and updated publication with substantial new information and chapters
The second edition contains:
No sound archive or audio collection manager should be without this publication as it forms the cornerstone of our work in the digital age.
IASA-TC 04 2nd Edition is available:
- online as a web edition in English on this website
- online in Catalan as Directrius per a la producció i preservació d'objectes d'àudio digital. Mirror site on the Biblioteca de Catalunya's website. IASA Members may also download a free PDF version.
- as a bound, hard copy publication, priced at €30 (IASA Members' discounted price: €20). An additional €8 will be charged for postage. Order IASA publications (link to IASA online shop). For bulk or wholesale orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- in Spanish, as Directrices para la producción y preservación de objetos digitales de audio, translated into Spanish by Enric Giné and Marcos Sueiro and published by the Spanish Association for Music Documentation (AEDOM). Available from the price of €25 plus postage. To order, contact: email@example.com
The 1st edition of IASA-TC 04 is also available:
- in Italian, as Linee guida per la produzione e la preservazione di oggetti audio digitali, translated by MARTLab. This publication is available at the Associazione Italiana Biblioteche AIB, Roma. To order, use online order form available at http://www.aib.it/aib/editoria/2007/pub172.htm
The IASA-TC 04 2nd Edition has been generously sponsored by:
Raidió Teilifís Éireann
National Library of Norway
National Library of Australia